Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling makes children SO shy!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 27 Replies
6 moms liked this
I almost wish the statement in the title was true! Lol
Myself and my husband were both homeschooled and we are very out going. I will literally talk to anyone.
My kids are no different. In fact I keep having to have a talk with my oldest daughter that 'just because Mommy talks to someone. It doesn't mean Mommy knows them or that you should talk to them. And or tell them absolutely everything you know.' We have this talk almost every time we leave the house.
Not sure about the rest of the homeschooling population, but it has definitely not made my kids shy. They will literally talk to anyone about anything. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this
BWAHAHAHA
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM

LOL!  My oldest son FINALLY talks to people!  I really believe that some kids need the security of having a safe environment (ie their parents) around them longer to get over the shyness!  DS7 and DS5 both talk to waitresses, salespeople, and other adults much more easily than some of their PS friends do.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I encourage my kids to talk to people, I have explained to them the personal information not to share with them & they are reallygood about remembering not to share it. They talk to everyone I talk to & aren't afraid to ask for help at a store or at the library.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Lol ~ My kids aren't shy either!!! 

cjsmom1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Ds was like this when he was younger. He even invited the man from the train to his birthday party.
Now he's 7 and will play shy sometimes.
cjsmom1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I was really proud when he had a whole conversation with a client at my company Christmas party. I work with adults with intellectual disabilities and/or autism, a lot of people especially kids get intimidated by the clients.
mamanicki2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Me and my 3 siblings were homeschooled and we were pretty shy growing up.  Now that we are older we can talk to anyone.

I have three kids now, my 7 year old has always talked to anyone and everyone.  My 6 year old is the total opposite, he will only talk to someone if they talk to him first.  Then there's my 3 year old, she is right in the middle, sometimes she will talk, sometimes she won't :)

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I go through the same things. My kids would go home with anyone. They are so not shy.
shamrock_momma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Same here. My boys don't know what a stranger is. I am constantly reminding them that it is ok to be friendly, but that not everyone is our friend.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

They love talking to people.  I have to remind them we don't need to share everything.  My oldest right now is showing everyone how he can count to 100 on one hand using base 2.  When I say everyone I mean everyone.  As long as they are respectful they are allowed to talk to whomever they wish.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)