Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling makes children SO shy!

Posted by   + Show Post
I almost wish the statement in the title was true! Lol
Myself and my husband were both homeschooled and we are very out going. I will literally talk to anyone.
My kids are no different. In fact I keep having to have a talk with my oldest daughter that 'just because Mommy talks to someone. It doesn't mean Mommy knows them or that you should talk to them. And or tell them absolutely everything you know.' We have this talk almost every time we leave the house.
Not sure about the rest of the homeschooling population, but it has definitely not made my kids shy. They will literally talk to anyone about anything. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Replies (21-27):
Deanna155
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Ha ha ha!  My 4 yod is like that... she goes well out of her way to talk to people.  She will talk anyone's ear off, LOL!  We constantly have to go over stranger safety.

on phone

Christie1952
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM

My children are not shy!

lucsch
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Yes, this is true with my dd. I went to public school, and I've always been terribly shy. Going to school just made me worse! My dd is naturally social and outgoing. She will talk to anyone! And, it does not bother her that her speech is not perfect (she still has problem with 'r' controlled sounds).

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:49 PM
My daughter was way more shy before we started homeschooling. Now when people talk to her - she will talk back to them! Never had she done this when she was in public. She would hide behind my legs or cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM
My 4 year old is the chattiest kid ever. She won't stop talking. Complete opposite of me. I hate talking to people, I get anxious in social groups.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoriAlane8
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I totally agree! My oldest (dd) is a bit more reserved and quiet but that is her personality....just like her father who was not homeschooled. My ds knows no strangers and is very, very outgoing. If anything, homeschooling helps the kids learn to get along and talk to all kinds of people, old, young, etc.

rachel_2010
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel like public school helped me stay shy for a long time!  You can just blend in and not say anything, someone else will ask the teacher the same question you are thinking or you can ask a friend later.  I didn't start getting over my shyness until I was spending my summers away from home, shipped off on a bus to camp, summer courses, all on my own and then i would HAVE to talk to people to find out where to go etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN