Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Update on daughter with migraine

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:26 AM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

Well the medication seems to be working.  She says she still has a little headache, but nothing like it had been. She is not crying any more with it and is even wanting to go do stuff.  She is laughing again and a little goofing around. So right now, I am a very happy mommy.  I just wanted to let you guys know because you were really there for me when I felt like I was worthless.  It is a terrible feeling not being able to help your sick child.

Thank you all!!

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM

poor thing... both of u.   Did they have any thought yet as to what is causing it?

oredeb
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM

awwwww so glad!!! thanks for letting us know!

blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Both my girls (6 & 10) get migraines. My youngest gets them from motion but usually has to have one more factor added like if she's to hot or if we are in my truck if she plays her ipod within 2 minutes she's crying.  But if she doesn't play the darn thing then she is usually fine. It was really bad when she was in PS. They would go out on the play ground during the hottest part of the day and she would swing on the swings, she'd have to go to the nurses and call me, then be down the rest of the day. If I caught the headaches at that stage then they wouldn't turn into a migraine. My oldest has had some really bad ones, she usually gets them at least once or twice a year. But she has headaches at least 2 times a week. They have both been to a neurologist and been diagnosed. I won't put them on preventive meds yet. I don't think they are that bad that I have to go that way yet. We are learning the triggers for both of them, they just have to make sure to stay hydrated and eat when they are suppose to and for my youngest no spinning and stuff like that.

Glad to hear your daughter is better, noting like a sick kid and you can't do anything to help makes you feel awful!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I am glad she is feeling better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kttycat84
by Bonnie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I'm glad she's feeling better!!!! I don't think there are many things worse than not being able to help a sick kiddo feel better.

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM

hugs

Thank you for the update.  Let her know we are glad she is feeling better.

leighp1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I get migraines from the sun.  People laugh at me since I live in Florida and should be used to it.  I hate it.  If I can stay cool, I can be in the sun for a while, but I have been known to go to Disney and lay in the hotel room because I am just so sick.  (not fun vacation).

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Both my girls (6 & 10) get migraines. My youngest gets them from motion but usually has to have one more factor added like if she's to hot or if we are in my truck if she plays her ipod within 2 minutes she's crying.  But if she doesn't play the darn thing then she is usually fine. It was really bad when she was in PS. They would go out on the play ground during the hottest part of the day and she would swing on the swings, she'd have to go to the nurses and call me, then be down the rest of the day. If I caught the headaches at that stage then they wouldn't turn into a migraine. My oldest has had some really bad ones, she usually gets them at least once or twice a year. But she has headaches at least 2 times a week. They have both been to a neurologist and been diagnosed. I won't put them on preventive meds yet. I don't think they are that bad that I have to go that way yet. We are learning the triggers for both of them, they just have to make sure to stay hydrated and eat when they are suppose to and for my youngest no spinning and stuff like that.

Glad to hear your daughter is better, noting like a sick kid and you can't do anything to help makes you feel awful!

leighp1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Still unknown.  I bet the next time we are at the neurologist he will want to run more tests.  It would be nice to know why they are happening.

Quoting KrissyKC:

poor thing... both of u.   Did they have any thought yet as to what is causing it?

MamaDearie
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so glad to hear that something is helping her! I hope you all can find the cause soon. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. 

hugs

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)