Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Update on daughter with migraine

Posted by   + Show Post

Well the medication seems to be working.  She says she still has a little headache, but nothing like it had been. She is not crying any more with it and is even wanting to go do stuff.  She is laughing again and a little goofing around. So right now, I am a very happy mommy.  I just wanted to let you guys know because you were really there for me when I felt like I was worthless.  It is a terrible feeling not being able to help your sick child.

Thank you all!!

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Replies (11-17):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad she is feeling better.  :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM

That is wonderful to hear!  So glad she is feeling and doing better. :) 

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM

SO glad she is feeling better.  I understand how she feels and how you feel.  I get them frequently since I was a child.  Mine are caused by a multitude of things and I know what triggers them so I stay away from most things tha will cause it.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:24 PM

My DH said when he was about 8, there was this strange fever going around that was accompanied by an intense headache.   He caught it, and was HORRIBLY miserable.   He said just the sound of the nurse turning the page in her book in the next room (school nurse) was agony.   He had it for a few days, then better...

But ever since then, DH has suffered occasional migraines.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM
That's great that she's feeling better!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I'm kind of the same way with the sun. I love being out in it though, so that's what makes it hard for me. As long as I keep drinking water I can last most of the day. On vacation my Mom spends most of the time in the condo. She can get out early in the morning and later in the day when the sun starts to go down. She likes to go on vacation but spends most of the time inside! Sucks!

Quoting leighp1:

I get migraines from the sun.  People laugh at me since I live in Florida and should be used to it.  I hate it.  If I can stay cool, I can be in the sun for a while, but I have been known to go to Disney and lay in the hotel room because I am just so sick.  (not fun vacation).

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Both my girls (6 & 10) get migraines. My youngest gets them from motion but usually has to have one more factor added like if she's to hot or if we are in my truck if she plays her ipod within 2 minutes she's crying.  But if she doesn't play the darn thing then she is usually fine. It was really bad when she was in PS. They would go out on the play ground during the hottest part of the day and she would swing on the swings, she'd have to go to the nurses and call me, then be down the rest of the day. If I caught the headaches at that stage then they wouldn't turn into a migraine. My oldest has had some really bad ones, she usually gets them at least once or twice a year. But she has headaches at least 2 times a week. They have both been to a neurologist and been diagnosed. I won't put them on preventive meds yet. I don't think they are that bad that I have to go that way yet. We are learning the triggers for both of them, they just have to make sure to stay hydrated and eat when they are suppose to and for my youngest no spinning and stuff like that.

Glad to hear your daughter is better, noting like a sick kid and you can't do anything to help makes you feel awful!

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I'm so glad she's feeling better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)