Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need to quit... ~update in purple~

Posted by   + Show Post

Hightlighted what we have decided on and added one thing. I have greyed out the items we have decided not to use.

Now my daughter wants to add a ditigal art class to her school work.  I'm thinking I need lessen some of the lessons or extend them.

Looking at curriculum!  LoL  Everyone says stick with what works, well nothing has actually worked, I just know my daughter likes to read books to learn and have added hands on activities and with my son not napping anymore and wanting to start school, I need something more planned out for her.

I have been trying to finalize my daughters 7th grade, but I keep changing my mind.  My husband will buy what I want, with in reason, but I don't know what I want anymore.

History: Sonlight Core E with added things to beef it up. or  K12 American Odyssey. or  WinterPromise American Culture, hubby saw the sample and wouldn't let me choose anything else. or  Beautiful Feet Early America and World History. Or Notgrass America the Beautiful.

Science: Mr. Q's Advanced Chemistry, since it is kitchen science. Noeo Science Chemistry III. OakMeadow Science 7 Earth Sciene.

Math: Lial's Pre-Algebra

Language Arts:  Winston Grammar, Essentials in Writing, Lightning Literature 7

Logic: Perplexors

Art: Atelier Art along with a computer art program.

Music: Hands-on Activity Pack

Japanaese: Irasshai

Vocabulary: Vocabu-Lit G or Vocabulary from Classical Roots A

Spelling: All About Spelling (Only because she wants to)

Geography: Trai Guide to US Geography

She helped me pick out most, but she has not feelings what so ever for Science or History.  It's like eh, just pick whatever.

Sometimes I think it'd be easier to just get a box and call it a day.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Replies (21-22):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

The program I am using is said to be for high school, but since it has a video portion I wanted to start it in 6th, but this year it didn't get done.  So I've set it up a bit better for next year.  Irasshai Here is the web site to the videos. There are two volumes used over three years you can get off Amazon.  When we get to high school, and if she does well with this series, I'm going to look in to more classes that we can take together.

Quoting lifesadream83:

I love SL we are using Core D next year. It looks like D should be much less work to secularize.  I can merely just remove a few books versus completely redoing the geography like in B+C.  I think she will enjoy that for History!  I cannot speak for the other stuff though as I have not reached that age level yet.  Nor have I heard of some of the curriula.  However, have you used the Japanese program you mentioned before? Does it start at an earlier age? My dd wants to learn Japanese but I have yet to find a program I am willing to invest in for her age.    

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Bump.  I think I updated everything and our year is figured out.

History: WinterPromise American Culture

Science: Mr. Q's Advanced Chemistry

Vocabulary: Vocabu-Lit G

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)