Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dr. Suess' Birthday is March 2nd. Will you do anything fun?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 23 Replies

I try to post stuff like this in advance so those of us that forget these things/ or don't know it's happening until it's the day of have a chance to get ready. LOL

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Sheesh, already? Lol! Hmmm,maybe we will do something fun. I will have to think on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Yes!  I think we are going to make Cat in the Hat hats and read a couple Dr Suess books.  I was looking for the Oobleck recipe, but I don't have that book, so maybe we'll do something else like read Daisy head Maisie and plant some of our flower seeds.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM

We have already done this. lol     I ordered the movie Lorax and the kids just loved it.  So we talked about who did the movie and where it came from and then talked about Dr. Suess and all of his books. 

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I need to remember to ask if the library is doing anything for it, a few years back they had a birthday party for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM

good idea...i will have to check the website too and see

Quoting usmom3:

I need to remember to ask if the library is doing anything for it, a few years back they had a birthday party for him.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM

we'll most likely read a couple books together and watch a movie and make a hat or draw him

hplesha
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM
It's my sons birthday. We are going to my aunts to celebrate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kttycat84
by Bonnie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Dr Suess books are on sale at Target...normally $10, now $5. We picked up a few yesterday that we didn't have. I also found The Cat in the Hat live play on Netflix and we're going to watch it. I previewed it and it's really good. They have The Lorax and a few others too. We're going to play The Cat in the Hat I Can Do That too, since my 4-year old got it for her birthday and it's the perfect day for it :)

Brooked18
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM
That's my dd birthday also she'll be 8 this year
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Dr. Seuss and I share a birthday!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)