Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dr. Suess' Birthday is March 2nd. Will you do anything fun?

Posted by   + Show Post

I try to post stuff like this in advance so those of us that forget these things/ or don't know it's happening until it's the day of have a chance to get ready. LOL

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
snazzylady1
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I will be taking my daughter to see the children's play The Cat in the Hat.  They have this great children's theatre and she really likes their plays.  I

Tonya Simmons

smartandsnazzykids.com

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We LOVE The Lorax.  It just became available on netflix and my kiddos have been watching a bit too much lol!  They have the whole movie memorized.  It is one of the few movies taken from a classic book that didn't lose it's charm.  

Quoting kirbymom:

We have already done this. lol     I ordered the movie Lorax and the kids just loved it.  So we talked about who did the movie and where it came from and then talked about Dr. Suess and all of his books. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I know!! lol  We got ours from netfix too.  We do the streaming and the video program.  :)  

Quoting irvinehiker:

We LOVE The Lorax.  It just became available on netflix and my kiddos have been watching a bit too much lol!  They have the whole movie memorized.  It is one of the few movies taken from a classic book that didn't lose it's charm.  

Quoting kirbymom:

We have already done this. lol     I ordered the movie Lorax and the kids just loved it.  So we talked about who did the movie and where it came from and then talked about Dr. Suess and all of his books. 

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I love how so much of the original artwork is used.  It truly is "Dr. Seussian." The message is so clear.  What I find really interesting is this book was published in 1971 and just now we are realizing the importance of preserving our environment.  Dr.  Seuss was a smart man! 

Quoting kirbymom:

I know!! lol  We got ours from netfix too.  We do the streaming and the video program.  :)  

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting kirbymom:

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I forgot! I may make green eggs and ham and we can read "the lorax" then watch the movie. Maybe do a craft and read all of her dr. Seuss books.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM

That sounds super fun.

Quoting snazzylady1:

I will be taking my daughter to see the children's play The Cat in the Hat.  They have this great children's theatre and she really likes their plays.  I

Tonya Simmons

smartandsnazzykids.com

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:49 AM
I want to do something fun with the kids. I just haven't exactly decided what yet!!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM
This is me. I need to figure out what to do.

Quoting SuperMommy408:

I want to do something fun with the kids. I just haven't exactly decided what yet!!
KLove_Mom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Oh, and we'll be at Grandma's house... so we'll probably read lots of Dr. Suess books.

smalltownmom03
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:28 AM
March 2nd is always a big day for us. It is Dr Suess' birthday, Sam Houston's birthday, and my dd's birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN