Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: My poor baby is so sick

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

My 6 year old daughter Mae has had a slight cough for nearly a month.  We had taken her to the doctor then, and they said it was allergies but had turned into sinus infection.  Well yesterday she started coughing really bad.  I took her to the doctor this morning and they did x-ray and she has pneumonia.  We caught it early, but my poor baby is coughing so bad.  The doctor said if she got worse to take her to the other office (that is about an hour away) since they are open on weekends. 

I know that we probably won't get anything done next week.  This is the joy of HS though.  At least I don't have to worry about what she will miss at school since all her lessons revolve around us!

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh sweetie....this must be hard for you.  I know what it's like when your kids are sick and you want to help but can't.    Give her all the time off from school she needs.  Little Mae will be in our prayers.  Hope she feels better soon.  

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope she feels better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww! i am so sorry that your little girl is sick!  That is heart wrenching.  But, this is a good time to just enjoy each other's company and huddle and cuddle!  

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Thanks everyone.  She seems to be feeling a little better today.  I told her that she can't be up much today and that she is assigned to the couch or her bed..lol.

Thankfully the cough medicine worked and we all did get some sleep last night.  I gave her medicine around 9:00 and then she didn't need it again until 4:30. 

She hasn't had any since she has been up and it is 10:30 here.   I really hope that we caught it early enough that she won't get bad.

I am just so glad that I am not having to stress how much school she will miss since our schedule is completely flexible (just as long as she gets in 175 days!

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope she feels better soon!!!!

You are right....you won't have to worry about a truancy officer showing up at your door.

oredeb
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

awwwww poor girl, hope she gets better fast!

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Get well soon Mae.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)