Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Were your friends judgemental about homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post
One of my friends keeps questioning me about if I am still going to homeschool in the fall. Today she asked if I had decided if I was enrolling him in school for the fall. Um, no. She also gave me the names of preschools where I can send my LO. It's getting annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Replies (31-33):
amandae21
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I wouldn't say anyone was judgmental. Some people were/are insecure because they know the public school system STINKS, yet send their kids anyway. If the way I teach/raise my kids offends someone or makes them feel bad about their own decisions, that's their problem.

blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Exactly!

I know the people who are judgmental are the ones who are jealous and would love to HS but can't either because their needs come before their kids or they are to worried about what other people think. I have some friends who would love to HS but just can't afford to have only one working parent (that's where I'm very lucky). I think I'd go without if it came to that. I can't see every sending my girls back to PS because of a money issue...or any other issue for that matter!

Quoting amandae21:

I wouldn't say anyone was judgmental. Some people were/are insecure because they know the public school system STINKS, yet send their kids anyway. If the way I teach/raise my kids offends someone or makes them feel bad about their own decisions, that's their problem.

Ruthmom802
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM

A lot of people still are not comfortable with Home schooling families. They haven't learned to think for themselves or outside of the box yet, evidently. ; )

There are some families in our church that think it's odd. Mostly the little kids are the ones asking the questions to my son... things like, "You don't even GO to school...how would you know that?" or, "What grade are you in...Oh, wait, you don't go to school, do you?" My son just blows it off. I consider the source. You'd have to understand where we live...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)