Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
These are our vacation choices for this September. Which sounds better?

3 days in Yellowstone National Park and 3 days in Jackson Hole

OR

3 Days at Glacier National Park and 2 days at Silverwood (a theme park like Knotts but in Northern Idaho)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Replies (11-17):
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I'd probably choose 3 Days at Glacier National Park and 2 days at Silverwood.  I've been to Yellow Stone and Glacier National Park, and both are beautiful parks to go to.  Jackson Hole is another park/ski resort and in September you're more than likely not going to have snow.  Silverwood is a theme park which might change up your vacation a little from nothing but nature parks, to national park with nature and beauty and theme park with rides and play.  Regardless I'm sure you can find fun in either choices.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I would love to visit a national park every year. We probably have around 10-20 close enough by to visit, but none of them are really well-known. 

I am hoping that I can start doing a field trip once per month and visit the national parks that are close to us. 

I've never heard of Glacier, but i would love to visit Yellowstone..

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM

We took a 3 week National Parks adventure last year, and I would pick Glacier over Yellowstone.  They're both really cool, though.  We tent camped and had some difficulty at the St. Mary campsite in Glacier--almost lost the tent to wind.  :(

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:00 AM
I have never been to either but both sound awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabooks
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Never been to either, but I wouldchoice glacier park. W/o the Theme park.
BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM
The last time I was in Yellowstone, 15 years ago, it was the week after Labor Day and we were tenting it and it snowed and rained the entire trip. It was miserable, lol.

Quoting hwblyf:

We took a 3 week National Parks adventure last year, and I would pick Glacier over Yellowstone.  They're both really cool, though.  We tent camped and had some difficulty at the St. Mary campsite in Glacier--almost lost the tent to wind.  :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM

glacer is the best!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)