Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
This week in homeschooling

So this week I've tried some new things with my son with regards to our homeschool.

1. Adding music-- I read an article on additudemag.com which explored the benefits of music therapy and ADHD. (Even without ADHD i think music therapy is awesome!) I let my so listen to music (piano) while he did his independent work (workbook and test online). He said it helped him focus. I could tell also just by watching him. I did not have to remind him to focus once. This is a big deal!!

2. Strategic Thinking course--A friend of mine hosts a local Pokemon league and has been trying to get my son to join. After he found out he was homeschooled he started to pitch the idea as a course in strategic thinking. So we went to see what it was all about. Needless to say we loved it! My son loved to he around other little geeky kids who are interested in all the things he is into and I loved the socialization and strategic thinking skills needed to play the game! Win win!

3. Field Trips! So I've decided to do one field trip per month. I was trying to keep it a secret from the kid but he got it out of me. He's very virtual and active so I think I creasing our field trip count will be education but still fun! This month: The African American Art Museum in Philadelphia.

What's going on in your homeschool this week?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Replies (21-21):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM
At Bruce's green house in Millville :) there are tons around here though.

Quoting JuicyRedTomato:

Where are you doing a greenhouse field trip? I'm always looking for new ideas in the area. :)

Quoting Boobah:

We are reviewing mostly this week. I need to call about our greenhouse field trip.

Sounds like you have some awesome things going on!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)