Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Learning Opportunities! Today in History: February 17

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

Below are a list of events that took place today in history.
Have you studied or will you be studying any of these events?
Share with us!

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I'm feeling undereducated......I don't think I've heard of any of these events.  The Armory show would be interesting to study about.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM

1838 – Weenen massacre: Hundreds of Voortrekkers along the Blaukraans River, Natal are killed by Zulus

The Zulu's are a very fierce, tribal nation.  I believe that the British had somewhat of a difficult time in fighting them.   

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I absolutely love this post, even though there aren't a lot of reply's to it. There just  is so much information here that you could actually have almost a whole years worth of lessons from this one post alone.  :) 

Quoting irvinehiker:

I'm feeling undereducated......I don't think I've heard of any of these events.  The Armory show would be interesting to study about.  

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I was actually going to say the same! Lol

Quoting irvinehiker:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Oh good ....I 'm not the only one.  :)  

Quoting Boobah:

I was actually going to say the same! Lol

Quoting irvinehiker:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

And THIS is exactly why I post it everyday!  :)

Quoting kirbymom:

I absolutely love this post, even though there aren't a lot of reply's to it. There just  is so much information here that you could actually have almost a whole years worth of lessons from this one post alone.  :) 

Quoting irvinehiker:

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I love this post too!  :)  I miss it when it doesn't go up.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting irvinehiker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)