Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If we move, next year I will need a curriculum for 2nd grade English- meaning learning subject, preticate, noun, pronoun, sentence structure- that ort of thing.  Is there a cheap curriculum for that? 

I also need to know what to teach her for 3rd grade math (California).

For History, Science, and Lit we are going to be reading The Magic Tree House series, Little House on The Prairie, The American Girls Series (the older books) and The Magic School Bus.  I will also be doing worksheets with these and probably use Beakmans World and other things off Netflix.

She will be going into 2nd next year if she were in public school but is doing 2nd grade math this year. She read 4 Magic Tree House books in 5 days, and passed the Book Adventure quizes for all 4.  So that tells me she is probably at a 2nd grade reading level? 

Though she is probably the only one staying home next year besides my 2 year old who will be 3, if my other 2 stay home (ages 4, 6) they will join her for everything but math and english.  I will add a phonics curriculum for them but I have 3 different sets so it should be fine.

Any suggestions welcomed.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Replies (11-11):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Thanks Ladies.  Please keep it coming I had not looked at more than Sonlight before this year. It would be ideal but I could not afford it in a million years right now.  SO I needed ideas on where to look.  We are on a very tight budget.  And knowing what others are using and liking helps so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)