Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Oh ladies, I may have found the perfect planner...

Posted by   + Show Post
I am waiting to see if they will let me do a review for it, but hopefully in the next few days I will be sharing it with you. It looks awesome. AWESOME. And inexpensive.

Remember my excitement over the my well planned day online planner last year? The very, very disappointing, expensive planner? Well, it is STILL not up to par, and doesn't function properly after promising it would be by August (of 2012!)

Well, this time I am going to hold my enthusiasm until I get a chance to use it, but this planner looks like it might be a winner. A bonus - it is already a working planner that has excellent feedback.

So, what are you using to plan with? I know a lot of you are paper and pencil planners like me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Love a good planner!

I'm a box checker, lol.

Quoting Boobah:

I'm the only planning fiend? In a group of homeschooling moms? Lol!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Oh, it isn't a paper planner? Bummer.

Quoting Boobah:

They have it for iPad, android, nook and kindle I think - it is the homeschool helper app! $4.99 I believe, but I think it's worth it. I'll do a full review later this week!

Quoting mem82:

What is it called again?

Quoting Boobah:

I have been playing with it tonight and so far it is pretty cool! Easy to use, does everything I need. :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Simply_Janeen
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Love planners and keep collecting free ones online both homeschool and home binders/planners. I'm getting kind of obsessed. lol But I'm picky. I like them to look a certain way or have certain fonts styles or colors. :-)

crzy4crm
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I created my own in Excel and put the pages in a folder. I was looking at buying one last night, bit they either have stuff I don't need or don't have What I do need. So, I think I'm going to tweak mine and take it to the printer and have it bound.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chlippr77
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I designed a school planner using postit notes. That way if I need to change it around, I don't have to rewrite it. I even have it color coded (one color for each kiddo and another color for lessons we do together). Saw the idea on Pinterest and tweaked it to suit me. It has worked well for this year. Next year we are using some different curriculum, so we'll have to see if it still works.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaDearie
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I would love to find a great paper planner. I'm one of those plan and record, paper and pencil type people. Any suggestions for one that will work for a 365 day school year?

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I really like the free planner included in a preschool curriculum I have. (Also free). You could check it out and see if it would work for you. It is about the 4th or 5th page into their curric. Www.weefolkart.com

Quoting MamaDearie:

I would love to find a great paper planner. I'm one of those plan and record, paper and pencil type people. Any suggestions for one that will work for a 365 day school year?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I tried something like that, but I couldn't make it work. Care to share pics? :)

Quoting chlippr77:

I designed a school planner using postit notes. That way if I need to change it around, I don't have to rewrite it. I even have it color coded (one color for each kiddo and another color for lessons we do together). Saw the idea on Pinterest and tweaked it to suit me. It has worked well for this year. Next year we are using some different curriculum, so we'll have to see if it still works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firehorse13
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I'm a planner (my husband says I plan wayyyy too much).  I'm sad to say I almost swooned when I read the title of this post. To not have the name of the planner in here though, just plain evil! :)

MamaDearie
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Thanks! That's a really cute planner. Not exactly what I need but it is nice. 

And I have to ask- your screen name- where did it originate? 'Boobah' has always been my youngest nursling's term for my breasts- lol. When I saw it as your name, I had to laugh. :-)

Quoting Boobah:

I really like the free planner included in a preschool curriculum I have. (Also free). You could check it out and see if it would work for you. It is about the 4th or 5th page into their curric. Www.weefolkart.com

Quoting MamaDearie:

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN