Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Oh ladies, I may have found the perfect planner...

Posted by   + Show Post
I am waiting to see if they will let me do a review for it, but hopefully in the next few days I will be sharing it with you. It looks awesome. AWESOME. And inexpensive.

Remember my excitement over the my well planned day online planner last year? The very, very disappointing, expensive planner? Well, it is STILL not up to par, and doesn't function properly after promising it would be by August (of 2012!)

Well, this time I am going to hold my enthusiasm until I get a chance to use it, but this planner looks like it might be a winner. A bonus - it is already a working planner that has excellent feedback.

So, what are you using to plan with? I know a lot of you are paper and pencil planners like me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
It is what we call nursing also :)

Quoting MamaDearie:

Thanks! That's a really cute planner. Not exactly what I need but it is nice. 

And I have to ask- your screen name- where did it originate? 'Boobah' has always been my youngest nursling's term for my breasts- lol. When I saw it as your name, I had to laugh. :-)

Quoting Boobah:

I really like the free planner included in a preschool curriculum I have. (Also free). You could check it out and see if it would work for you. It is about the 4th or 5th page into their curric. Www.weefolkart.com

Quoting MamaDearie:

I would love to find a great paper planner. I'm one of those plan and record, paper and pencil type people. Any suggestions for one that will work for a 365 day school year?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
It is an app, available for android, nook, and iPad called homeschool helper!

Quoting firehorse13:

I'm a planner (my husband says I plan wayyyy too much).  I'm sad to say I almost swooned when I read the title of this post. To not have the name of the planner in here though, just plain evil! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDearie
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Too cute!

Quoting Boobah:

It is what we call nursing also :)

Quoting MamaDearie:

Thanks! That's a really cute planner. Not exactly what I need but it is nice. 

And I have to ask- your screen name- where did it originate? 'Boobah' has always been my youngest nursling's term for my breasts- lol. When I saw it as your name, I had to laugh. :-)

Quoting Boobah:

I really like the free planner included in a preschool curriculum I have. (Also free). You could check it out and see if it would work for you. It is about the 4th or 5th page into their curric. Www.weefolkart.com

Quoting MamaDearie:

I would love to find a great paper planner. I'm one of those plan and record, paper and pencil type people. Any suggestions for one that will work for a 365 day school year?

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a planner but I like paper and pen/pencil.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I bought a planner my very first year, because so many hs moms told me I absolutely HAD to have one!  That is was virtually impossible to hs without one. Well, by week 3 I had no clue where it was, because I hadn't used it once! I just couldn't make it work for me. I was always forgetting to write anything down in it. I guess I'm just not a planner. But I've heard a lot of good things about the one from Home Ed Magazine. And I believe Notgrass has a student planner that has gotten good reviews.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I love paper and pencil planners.  I have 4 or 5 different ones.  I have yet to find one that will let me set up for all 4 kids the way I want, but next year if it goes the kids way I will only have 2 at home one preschool and one 2/3rd grade.  But it will be fun even if they all do not choose to stay home.

buzymom93
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

i like to plan.. but have to be careful because i will tend to over plan.. lol...then feel frustrated with myself for  not gettting everything done... 

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I build my own and am always tweaking it as we go.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM

And I have to remember that if I plan things a month ahead of time I better do it in pencil, because something WILL change!

Quoting buzymom93:

i like to plan.. but have to be careful because i will tend to over plan.. lol...then feel frustrated with myself for  not gettting everything done... 

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Great idea!

Quoting chlippr77:

I designed a school planner using postit notes. That way if I need to change it around, I don't have to rewrite it. I even have it color coded (one color for each kiddo and another color for lessons we do together). Saw the idea on Pinterest and tweaked it to suit me. It has worked well for this year. Next year we are using some different curriculum, so we'll have to see if it still works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)