Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

bought the chairs today

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am launching a Christian Home school Kindergarten come Fall of 2013. Today I purchased the 6 chairs for the first class. I was able to get the ad toghether- now we just have to get it on the computer. It is all coming together. I am excited and very hopeful that this will bring in the income that I need at this point.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gacgbaker
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Sounds like progress, congrats! 

blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I think I missed what you are doing...please fill me in!

GELiz
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I am opening a Christian Homeschool Kindergarten in my home this coming Fall. I am a certified teacher- but retired early for arthritis and stress reasons. The arthrits is much better since going to the retirement home and doing exercises in their 90 degree pool, and the stress is much reduced. I am in need of work, so thought since my home is so spacious and country- I could offer a kindergarten with 6 kids per class- am and pm classes. I will have an aide, so it will be 3 to 1 children to adults. I am so excited about this and really praying that I can find 12 families who would love to have their children in a private small kindergarten class with a certified teacher. :) I'll do 3 hours per class and 4 days a week.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Seriously? That sounds great!! I hope it works out for you! 

(I started a gymnastics class because I was sick of driving the 45 minutes every Saturday. I have 2 classes on Saturday morning. Gives me a little extra money.)

Quoting GELiz:

I am opening a Christian Homeschool Kindergarten in my home this coming Fall. I am a certified teacher- but retired early for arthritis and stress reasons. The arthritis is much better since going to the retirement home and doing exercises in their 90 degree pool, and the stress is much reduced. I am in need of work, so thought since my home is so spacious and country- I could offer a kindergarten with 6 kids per class- am and pm classes. I will have an aide, so it will be 3 to 1 children to adults. I am so excited about this and really praying that I can find 12 families who would love to have their children in a private small kindergarten class with a certified teacher. :) I'll do 3 hours per class and 4 days a week.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I want to do something similar one day but I am still working on my teaching degree.  If you are anywhere near me my son will start kindergarden next year and my niece this year and I would send them.  It is so much better a class size than public schools.  My class is now 5-1 because I am teaching 5 so it would be even better than that. 

Quoting GELiz:

I am opening a Christian Homeschool Kindergarten in my home this coming Fall. I am a certified teacher- but retired early for arthritis and stress reasons. The arthrits is much better since going to the retirement home and doing exercises in their 90 degree pool, and the stress is much reduced. I am in need of work, so thought since my home is so spacious and country- I could offer a kindergarten with 6 kids per class- am and pm classes. I will have an aide, so it will be 3 to 1 children to adults. I am so excited about this and really praying that I can find 12 families who would love to have their children in a private small kindergarten class with a certified teacher. :) I'll do 3 hours per class and 4 days a week.

Quoting blueyedbaker:

GELiz
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Yes, I figured that if I charge 250.00 a month and have them pay in full in August, I will have enough to pay my aide 10.00 per hour and I will bring in 2,000 for myself and to run the business. This will allow me to actually begin to market Applied Grammar more efficiently and hopefully get that end of the business making a bit more. I can see that it will bring in a few thousand a year for us as well. It should solve the financial issues we are facing if it works out, and help me to build the business.

My husband and I want this business to be bringing in some income to help with reitrement in about 10 years.

If there is enough interest, I may be working with a local church to begin a church school in my area. I am just so excited about the possiblities of returning to my passion. Yay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN