Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel like you do enough arts and crafts?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 26 Replies

Some months I'm really on it, and then other months I just...fail.

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I feel the same way... Some months it's like we do too many arts and crafts and then others where we do nothing at all... At least I keep up with a science lab a week.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM

We're the same with Science labs, though it is more like biweekly

Quoting No_Difference:

I feel the same way... Some months it's like we do too many arts and crafts and then others where we do nothing at all... At least I keep up with a science lab a week.

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I have totally slacked on the science labs, but we are reading science based books.  We don't do nearly enough arts and crafts.  I love to do them, but we can't seem to locate time outside of our normal curric (which does include 1 art project a week).  I have however enrolled my girls into an art class that is being taught by a mom locally and they really enjoyed the first class so much.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Arts & crafts happen here on a daily basses!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:48 PM
We do a lot of arts and crafts! Most of it is not mommy lead. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Yes, very much.  They have a weekly art class and they are free to art at home at any time.  I try and find ways to combine both.  My son loves to combine math and art.  I am getting ready to teach a class called geography through art.  The geography through art book is very good.  I love combining lessons and art.  

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I was just struggling with this inside my head, lol... I don't feel like we do enough.  I always have ideas, but feel like we run out of steam and never get to them.  

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM
That is so ture i can not find that to interest the older two
BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I don't think we do enough but my kids are not all that into them. They prefer to draw.
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Honestly, I hate doing crafts..lol.

My husband loves art and he is going to school to become an art teacher.  So, when art needs to be done, he takes care of it.  We don't get to it as much we'd like, so I am going to talk to him about making a schedule so he can do art at least once per week.

One of the boys loves art and says he wants to become an art teacher, so he does most of his art on his own.  My other son enjoys drawing at times and will also do it on his own.  They are both 15 though, so they are fairly independent. 

I did tell my husband that I am going to go to Hobby Lobby and buy an art book for the boys.  My husband just doesn't have the time to give many art lessons.  So, I think we will get this book and let DH look in it and kind of make an art curriculum out of it. 

I may do something similar for my DD too, just something made for younger kids since she is 6.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)