Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you feel like you do enough arts and crafts?

Posted by   + Show Post

Some months I'm really on it, and then other months I just...fail.

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Cole spends a lot of time drawing.

Quoting BramblePatch:

I don't think we do enough but my kids are not all that into them. They prefer to draw.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

We definately need to do more crafts.  I am not a crafty person, but now that the kids are getting older they usually do their own crafts.  Last week I did make Mardi Gras masks with them.  My girl is an artist, she spends hours drawing.  I have no idea where she got her talent lol.  

amandae21
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I keep a lot of craft supplies on hand, so even when I'm not necessarily "on it" with the formal crafts to go with whatever we're learning, the kids have no problem crafting freestyle. And really, that's probably better for them than following some step by step project. The other day, my oldest turned a leftover baked potato into a bird.

faeriemom1972
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM

My son really doesn't seem to like arts and crafts. Do you have any good ideas that might pique the interest of a 6 year old boy?

Quoting usmom3:

Arts & crafts happen here on a daily basses!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM
We did so many crafts/ art projects in Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts that I don't incorporate them much anymore.

Two of the kids go to an art class once a week and they like it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM

My kids are always coming up with their own projects. They love to make sets or dioramas for their toys to play in & they make there own videos & stop motion animation using them. My 7y/o DS loves to make things out of modeling clay & then plays with them. My 9y/o DD loves to make clothes & furniture for her dolls out of the materials we have around the house, one day she made a beach umbrella out of a straw, tape, paper & markers to decorate it. They build robots, towers & all kinds of other things out of blocks.

Use what he likes, if he likes dinosaurs have him make a diorama with them. If he likes cars get a simple car model to make & decorate. For me Arts & crafts are anything that involves creating something using your imagination.

Quoting faeriemom1972:

My son really doesn't seem to like arts and crafts. Do you have any good ideas that might pique the interest of a 6 year old boy?

Quoting usmom3:

RockEducation
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM

We don't hardly ever do arts/crafts for school. DD does draw a lot and is very creative. I totally bomb at the crafty stuff. I'm contemplating signing her up for an art class through k12 for next year.

faeriemom1972
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Lol, my son does do stuff like that. I think I have to re-think what my idea of arts and crafts is!

Quoting usmom3:

My kids are always coming up with their own projects. They love to make sets or dioramas for their toys to play in & they make there own videos & stop motion animation using them. My 7y/o DS loves to make things out of modeling clay & then plays with them. My 9y/o DD loves to make clothes & furniture for her dolls out of the materials we have around the house, one day she made a beach umbrella out of a straw, tape, paper & markers to decorate it. They build robots, towers & all kinds of other things out of blocks.

Use what he likes, if he likes dinosaurs have him make a diorama with them. If he likes cars get a simple car model to make & decorate. For me Arts & crafts are anything that involves creating something using your imagination.

Quoting faeriemom1972:

Quoting usmom3:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM

This was me until I saw how much they did on their own when it was *free* time. My kids love to do this *after* school.  

Quoting gacgbaker:

I was just struggling with this inside my head, lol... I don't feel like we do enough.  I always have ideas, but feel like we run out of steam and never get to them.  

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I feel like I don't do enough!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN