Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is on your lunch menu?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 27 Replies
It is the burn out no one talks about... Lunch fatigue syndrome. I get tired of the same thing week after week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM

We do quesadillas with herb and buttered corn, peanut butter or soynut butter and jelly/apple butter, cheese, veggies and dip, fruit, fried bologna and cheese sandwiches, grilled cheese and soup.  I am going to attempt chicken salad inside of a tomato when they aren't looking kind of sad.....the ones I just picked up are pathetic.  I have on occasion taken them to CiCi's which is up the street and we all eat for about 20$.

I would love to get other suggestions from other moms....I get bored too.

BramblePatch
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Our standards are:
grilled veggie quesadillas
english muffun pizzas
ham n cheese or peanut butter sandwiches
veggie dogs (shhhhh don't tell the kids)
pasta salad w/ meat and cheese
breakfast burritos
leftovers.... 1-2 times a week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

we set it up so we have a "sandwich day" where we have egg salad, salmon salad, veggie wraps, pb&j, cranberry turkey wraps, grilled cheese, etc.

A soup day: baked potato, split pea, turkey noodle, veggie, tortilla soup, ham and bean, cuban black bean, or tomato soups.

a "put it on a tortilla" day: tortilla pizza, tostaguac (flat tortilla with guacamole, lettuce and tomatoand sour cream), hummus and veggies, yogurt and fruit, sloppy tempeh.

a "fondu" day (some kind of dip and things to dunk): hummus and veggies, yogurt and chipsand veggies, melty cheese and pretzels, salsa/sour cream and veggies, pizza sauce and bread sticks.

and a leftover day every week.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

The kids are own their own for lunch. I make sure they eat at least 1 veggie and 1 fruit, which we always make sure there is something easy on hand to just grab and munch. They have their choice of a "peanut butter jelly time", lunch meat sandwhich, or a grilled chese sandwhich. I leave the kitchen for lunch time and tell them it better be just as sparkly as when I left it lol. They do a pretty good job of clean up but their sandwhich adventurs are still evident lol.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM

We LOVE fondue for lunch!!!  Yummy!  It's been awhile since we've had that.  Time to put it back on the menu. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

we set it up so we have a "sandwich day" where we have egg salad, salmon salad, veggie wraps, pb&j, cranberry turkey wraps, grilled cheese, etc.

A soup day: baked potato, split pea, turkey noodle, veggie, tortilla soup, ham and bean, cuban black bean, or tomato soups.

a "put it on a tortilla" day: tortilla pizza, tostaguac (flat tortilla with guacamole, lettuce and tomatoand sour cream), hummus and veggies, yogurt and fruit, sloppy tempeh.

a "fondu" day (some kind of dip and things to dunk): hummus and veggies, yogurt and chipsand veggies, melty cheese and pretzels, salsa/sour cream and veggies, pizza sauce and bread sticks.

JuicyRedTomato
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Our lunch menu varies so much. Today we are having chicken noodle soup, chicken salad sandwiches, and peaches/cream.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM

This is a great idea!  My kids are getting  pretty good at doing this too.  It gives me a bit more freedom to get other things done.    

Quoting No_Difference:

The kids are own their own for lunch. I make sure they eat at least 1 veggie and 1 fruit, which we always make sure there is something easy on hand to just grab and munch. They have their choice of a "peanut butter jelly time", lunch meat sandwhich, or a grilled chese sandwhich. I leave the kitchen for lunch time and tell them it better be just as sparkly as when I left it lol. They do a pretty good job of clean up but their sandwhich adventurs are still evident lol.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

We do leftovers a couple times a week if they are in the fridge.  We also do sandwiches, bacon and eggs, pizza.  Last week I made some mini quiches for lunch.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys love fondue day too!  I think kids just like to dip!

Quoting irvinehiker:

We LOVE fondue for lunch!!!  Yummy!  It's been awhile since we've had that.  Time to put it back on the menu. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Lunch time is my brain break time lol.  I have taken pictures of my little guy making his sandwhich which I have found highly amusing, but it takes every ounce of self control not to go in there and do it for him so there isn't a mess. He does a decent job of wiping it up and then mopping when he's done getting jelly everywhere for as little as he is lol....and so sneaky how he does it too!

Quoting irvinehiker:

This is a great idea!  My kids are getting  pretty good at doing this too.  It gives me a bit more freedom to get other things done.    

Quoting No_Difference:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN