Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Field trips!!!! Where you going , where have you been??

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 11 Replies

what field trips have you done this month?

how'd the kids like them?

where you going?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Because of the weather, we haven't really gone on any field trips lately. In a few weeks though, despite the weather, we're headed up to Gettysburg for a day. And once the weather really starts getting better, we'll be hitting up Antietam and Harpers Ferry a few times a week. My oldest finished her Master Jr Ranger badge at Harpers Ferry already, but they tend to have more kid friendly stuff going on more often. We're just starting the Jr Ranger program with the kids at Antietam. In April, we'll most likely be hitting up DC when friends come and visit. 

My little guy loves going to Harpers Ferry. There was one day he wanted to sleep in my bed and was dictating who was going to sleep where. He points to "my spot" and says "Daddy sleeps there, and I sleep in Daddy's spot." I asked, "Where do I get to sleep?" His response: "Harpers Ferry, duh!" 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Lego kid fest(my kids never wanted to leave), Snow tubing(didn't want to leave either),  Mad science lab,  and 4H.  Next month we are going to a 4 story children's museum near James River.  I am sure there will be others.   We have some big ones coming up in April.  Yay for spring time!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Where do you live?  We live near Charlottesville.

Quoting No_Difference:

Because of the weather, we haven't really gone on any field trips lately. In a few weeks though, despite the weather, we're headed up to Gettysburg for a day. And once the weather really starts getting better, we'll be hitting up Antietam and Harpers Ferry a few times a week. My oldest finished her Master Jr Ranger badge at Harpers Ferry already, but they tend to have more kid friendly stuff going on more often. We're just starting the Jr Ranger program with the kids at Antietam. In April, we'll most likely be hitting up DC when friends come and visit. 

My little guy loves going to Harpers Ferry. There was one day he wanted to sleep in my bed and was dictating who was going to sleep where. He points to "my spot" and says "Daddy sleeps there, and I sleep in Daddy's spot." I asked, "Where do I get to sleep?" His response: "Harpers Ferry, duh!" 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM

We live in Martinsburg

Quoting jen2150:

Quoting No_Difference:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Thanks.  Have a great week!

Quoting No_Difference:

We live in Martinsburg

Quoting jen2150:

Quoting No_Difference:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Supposed to have a greenhouse field trip in march. I need to follow up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

We did Legoland!!!  It was totally AWESOME!!!!!  My kids can't wait to go back someday.  We only did about a 1/3 of the park, but had a blast.  They got to take a Tall Towers class and learned how to make something stable.

We have also done an art class and learned about Picasso and cubism and will be taking another one next week learning about Monet.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Did you go to the one in CA or FL? We went to CA Legoland last summer, and I have to say, I was NOT impressed. Especially for the crazy high price (and we had coupons to get 2 of the kids in for free). There just wasn't a whole lot to do, and the lines were very long. 

Quoting coala:

We did Legoland!!!  It was totally AWESOME!!!!!  My kids can't wait to go back someday.  We only did about a 1/3 of the park, but had a blast.  They got to take a Tall Towers class and learned how to make something stable.

We have also done an art class and learned about Picasso and cubism and will be taking another one next week learning about Monet.

We haven't done much lately - too cold. We're planning a trip to the Indy children's museum in April (it's the best!). We'll go to the zoo some day soon when it warms up enough, too. We haven't been there in about a year. The last real "trip" we took was in September - we camped at Mammoth Cave National Park and did a tour of a cave. 

mrs.miller89
by Sharayah on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

We went to the zoo one day when it was warmish, and DH is taking DD to the science museum tomorrow. Most of it is still above her head but she has fun with some of the interactive exhibits and they have a toddler/preschool area where she can play with bubbles, face paint crayons, big blocks, etc. I wish we lived in Houston because their children's museum has a much bigger toddler area! 

I can't wait for her to be a few years older, there are a lot of cool places around us for field trips but she wouldn't understand or enjoy them yet.

CafeMom Tickers
coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM

We went to the one in FL....about an hours drive from home.  They have homeschool days and the cost is $8 for the kids and $25 for the adults.  Super cheap....the lines were at the longest 20 min.  We got to do a ton of stuff.  I think if our group was a little smaller we would have gotten more done, but what can you do with 6 kids and 5 adults, but coral everyone all day.  LOL

Quoting hipmomto3:

Did you go to the one in CA or FL? We went to CA Legoland last summer, and I have to say, I was NOT impressed. Especially for the crazy high price (and we had coupons to get 2 of the kids in for free). There just wasn't a whole lot to do, and the lines were very long. 

Quoting coala:

We haven't done much lately - too cold. We're planning a trip to the Indy children's museum in April (it's the best!). We'll go to the zoo some day soon when it warms up enough, too. We haven't been there in about a year. The last real "trip" we took was in September - we camped at Mammoth Cave National Park and did a tour of a cave. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN