Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe he did this

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband and I both work at hospitals so our schedules are sort of weird sometimes. I worked yesterday and he had the day off so it was his turn to make sure our son did his assignments and what not. Unfortunately, I am the one that takes care of 99% of all of it and he rarely is home to do it, because I have a set schedule and he does not. Anyhow, I had printed off two complete math workbooks from this website. I had them in a pile and I had his assignments in another pile and on top of it I had written directions of everything he was expected to do and how he was to do it. The workbooks I had printed out weren't even that close to it. I come home from work and my husband is going on about how our son has been having trouble staying focused and paying attention and trying to just hurry and this and that, which he is ADHD so it happens. Well then he hands me a bunch of papers and im like what is this? My husband gave him the TWO ENTIRE workbooks and had him do those. That was like a whole years worth of math probably (for a 2nd grader). Oh geez, and you are frustrated with him for not paying attention or trying? Poor guy. Needless to say, he has today off. =p

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Replies (11-14):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Maybe you and your hubby can sit down and talk about how your folder system works, and you can put it on the wall in the form of a poster.

Quoting LilrockerMama:

Right now I'm just doing my one son, my daughter is only 2. I can't imagine doing 5 children, hats off to you! At first I had a binder with folders in it for each subject and I would pull assignments out of each and hand them to him for him to work on. But lately I'm trying to just have every day of the week folders with all the assignments just for that day. We are busy too though I work full time and I'm in nursing school so I'm trying to get it all organized. I'm open to different ideas but I just started the daily folder. The only time there is a problem with it is if my husband is doing it for the day, clearly. Lol sometimes he just doesn't think about things. He is that way with everything though.

Quoting debramommyof4:

It took us a few weeks but I put all of thier papers and told them every morning to pull out thier folders.  I have 5 kids I homeschool so we are really busy and my older two have to be more self sufficient.  Have you tried workboxes?  I know that works for some families.  I hope I am explaining it right, but they have a set of boxes with each lesson for the day in each in thier own box. with instruction put in each drawer or box or folders depending on what you have.

Quoting LilrockerMama:

We are still new at this and I'm still trying to figure out what works best for him. I had a folder with everything and that didn't seem to help so I have no idea!

Quoting debramommyof4:

If my hubby has to teach I tell the kids and show them.  They have thier own folders so I put it in there and explain to them what to do, but they do not have ADHD so I dont know if that would help you.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Wow! Poor guy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haskins46563
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Post it flags. I love them for workbooks.  I mark the pages I want done for the day and then just move them forward to the next day until they wear out and then get a new one.  I would also stack everything up in one pile with the instructions on top. They should see instructions first. Materials second. :)

LilrockerMama
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Lol I had it stacked with instructions on the top and materials are put away until needed post it notes are a good idea but I just pull everything out for the day and stack in on the table.

Quoting haskins46563:

Post it flags. I love them for workbooks.  I mark the pages I want done for the day and then just move them forward to the next day until they wear out and then get a new one.  I would also stack everything up in one pile with the instructions on top. They should see instructions first. Materials second. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)