Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Wondering what you think of the name....

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

Wondering what everyone thinks of the name Nathaniel.  It is so hard to find a good boy's name--so many have become girls' names.  I am looking for something traditional--Biblical if I can--that doesn't have a "kiddie" sounding nickname, because while my husband and I don't use nicknames, our families and friends do.  I was thinking Nathan could be a suitable nickname.

I like the middle name Sebastian.  Does that seem to go with Nathaniel?  Thank you.

By the way, I am very into history and name meanings so if you have a special name with a special meaning, I would love to hear.  My other children (here on Earth--I have three loves in Heaven) are Mary Catherine and Samuel.

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I like it. My nephew s Nathaniel but goes by Nate. We call him Nate the great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

hi jak, nathaniel sounds great!! i know what you mean about everyone (including me) using nicknames!!! except for my own kids i dont!hahahaha

isaiah is a nice name   means salvation of God!

and no one ever called him a nickname!

WantedNameTaken
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I love the name and know a few Nates.

amberstars
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Like it.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Dragon Eyes

wunderwifey
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I've always loved the name Nathaniel. I just won't ever use it because my ex-fiance was a Nathan. He ruined for me.
I really like combining it with Sebastian. That's a name that you don't hear anymore.
Issac, Isaiah, jonah, and Jeremiah are other biblical favorites of mine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I know a Nathanael......that is the biblical spelling.  I actually prefer it that way.  He goes by Nathan and Nate....depends on who you are talking to.   He has a ton of other nicknames from when he was growing up, but none are any plays on his actual name.

BTW Christopher goes with this name well...IMO.

kttycat84
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I love the name Nathaniel. DH and I were going to name our first son (if we ever have one) Nathaniel Allen for a long time...Nathaniel being my favorite boy's name and Allen being his middle name. But, we've changed our minds and now if we ever have a son, his name will be Malachai Josiah...and I'll call him Kai :)

We have 3 girls now. The oldest is Lucilynn Marie....and I picked her name out years before dh and I were even together :) I was obesessed with Hanson when I was a teen, and this song of theirs, "Lucy" and my middle name combined to make her first name. My best friend's middle name is Marie and she's my dd's godmother so it seemed fitting. My dh picked out our middle's name: Jasmine Faith...and our littlest is named after my grandma: Kaitlyn Eileen.

OakesMama
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM

I like Nathaniel Sebastian,  Nathaniel being gift of God, and Sebastian being Majestic. Good strong name :)

jak3739
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Thank you, everyone!

Brandy85412
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I know a Nathaniel. they call him thaniel for short. I like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)