Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

i feel so behind !!!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 4 Replies

i have finally found my groove at the end of the school year. i feel so behind in everything but math her faverite subject is math so she learns so quick i feel like we have to double up all the work time just to get her cought up but i have decided that we are doing all year round schooling cuz we only do about 3 hours a day but man i feel so bad so much has happined this school year new baby hospitilizations broken arms moving and just stuff in generol blah. OK there is my vent for the day !!

save the date

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I also feel this way sometimes. 

This is why I have decided to start earlier next school year.  Homeschooling this year was a last minute decision so we were not able to start until the end of August. 

We will not finish until mid to late June because of everything that has gone on, such as the kids being sick, me being sick, daughter broke her collar bone, one of my boys had belles palsy, my grandmother passed away and stuff like that. 

I have decided that when we finish this school year, we are going to take 3-4 weeks off and then we are going to start back again.  I do plan on taking most of the month of December off since it is such a busy month for us.  We will take a week or two off here and there also.  I am determined not to have another school year like this year!

Jlee4249
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I'm lucky with my 7yo, who HEARS everything that's read to her.  So when I felt like we weren't making any progress on History or Science, I found a "what every _(grade)__ needs to know" book and we read through their history & science sections and spread out from there.  We went and got books from the library to expand on the subjects.  We're past her grade and the next (according to that series), so I'm feeling pretty comfortable now. :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I have months where I feel like that. Usually, we are only behind to me, not the grade level. We just got our footing in January 8(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

its ok to be behind!! wait who decides what behind anyway!!! hahahahah so maybe your not behind! your just where your suppose to be!~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)