Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Memoria Press

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am looking at different curriculum and teaching methods trying to figure out what approach I want to take and what books I want to use next year.

I came across Memoria Press today and thought it was interesting. I really like the literature and reading they have.  
They start teaching Latin in second grade, what is your take on teaching Latin to help with English Grammar? Do you teach Latin, if so what grade do you start it?
Do anyone use Memoria Press as their curriculum?

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM

We use their Latin Curriculum.  I started last year with Prima Latina and they are in Latina Christiana I this year.  Next year I was considering ordering the DVD's with First Form Latin, but we'll see.  I do have a background in Latin with 5 years in high school, plus medical terminology classes in college, so I did not purchase the pronuniciation CD.  Mine are currently 9th, 6th, 5th, and 4th grade, and we do the main lesson together, then they do the independent work with a varying degree of assistance.  I usually buy it through cbd.com when it does on sale, though I did pick up our very first book at Mardel.

ablessedlife
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM
A good friend of mine has been using it more and more. Once I have a chance, I'd like to spend more time looking at it.
The only thing negative that I remember is their PATHETIC Latin pronunciation on their CD.
Our kids started some Latin this yr. they are aged 5-10. We learned the Lord's Prayer and some famous Latin quotes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)