Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Help needed!!! Debating on different curriculum for next year 7th grade!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Help! I need advic on what everyone thinks for curriculum for the 7th grade next year! I am going back and forth on Abeka dvd's is there something else out there. I would like to have something that teaches math and language maybe sciences. History I would like to teach. DS has done Abeka in the 3rd and 4th grade then we made our own curriculum up. What is everyone's thoughts please!!!!

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I can't help you because I don't use a curriculum but here is a bump to get your post back to the top.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I've never used Abeka.  I finally did figure out what we are going to do for 7th grade though.

History = Sonlight Core E

Math = Lial's Pre-Algebra

Language Arts = Winston Grammar, Lighting Lit 7, and Essentials in Writing 7th grade

Science = Mr. Q's Advanced Chemistry

Foreign Language = Irasshai Japanese

Logic = Perplexors

Art and music I don't remember off the top of my head.

lifesadream83
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Moving Beyond the Page (11-13 is 7th Grade) has multiple options for purchasing LA , Science, & History (They are releasing their 8th grade program in the spring).  You could select the whole LA program, the Science Program and then teach History yourself.  

Math U See's secondary program starts with Pre Algebra.

Apologia Science is AMAZING if you are good with using Christian Curriculum.  It makes very difficult concepts easy to understand.  

Walnutgrovefarm
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM

We use Math U See now for 6th grade and I really like it so does my ds. I wouldn't mind continueing with it. Last year we did Apologia good know its good for 7th grade. I do like building our own curriculum just was wondering if it's good to continue doing it for middle school? Thank you.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM

We use a Unit Study program called Learning Adventures, which we love.  We also started using Apologia Science, both with the younger kids to give them a stronger Science background, and with our high schooler.  Math-U-See is our go to for Math, and we use Memoria Press for Latin.  Learning Adventures has Language Arts, History, Geography, other Social Studies, Science, and Music and Art included.

energygirl
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:23 AM

if you try Sonlight...they do give a money back guarantee if you buy a core (a package with subjects).  You can try it for half the year, then return it all (used and unused parts) for a full refund if you don't like it. We like sonlight so far...but my kids aren't that old.  You can get a sonlight catalogue free  (requests on their website) and in there it explains the guarantee/refund and also the pros and cons of their materials.

Walnutgrovefarm
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Thanks for all the advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)