Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

printer

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 11 Replies
What type of printer do you have and love? I had a great all-in-one for years but it broke. I went and got a cheap hp, but it goes through ink so fast!!! I spend way to much time and money buying ink.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gacgbaker
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM

We have some type of brother laser jet- laser jet.  I'm pretty happy with it.  

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM

We have a brother inkjet multifunction that has been really good this year.  Ink isn't that bad either.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I have an hp all in one. I hate it. It goes through ink like crazy, the wireless function never worked, and I have yet to make it scan, though it will copy and fax. Hate.

I also have a brother laser printer. Wireless works perfect, prints fast, and the toner lasts a long time!

Sorry I don't have models for you at the moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:58 AM

brother with a refillable ink system.  Best way to use ink.  I buy $40 worth of ink and it last for years.  Find the ink system you want to use first and then find a printer that goes along with it.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I have a cheap one and am waiting to get a good one.  :) 

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

We have an HP Officejet 6500A.  It is an all in one and networkable (is that even a word..lol).  Still fairly new, but I like it.  I don't know how fast it goes through ink.  We will find out soon as I will have to print a bunch of papers for the kids handwritting.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Hp2050 I think (all in one). Scans/copies which I like but goes through ink VERY fast! Oh and I watched if I got any more pages when using the XL cartridge... Nope! Just costs more!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM

HP Laser Jet P1102w

amandae21
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Refill yourself!! What kind of cartridge does it take? Mine takes HP60 and I use a $12 InkTek refill kit (Amazon). One kit lasts me at leasr 6-8 months. They make color kits too.

charla_r
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM
We are getting ready to buy a new one. The hubby researched a lot over the weekend and we chose a canon printer. The ink has a much higher page yield than the others we found. We also have a HP all in one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)