Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

You might have a curriculum buying problem if...

Posted by   + Show Post
You've only been homeschooling a year and a half and you just had your husband move 5 (large) boxes of homeschool type books to the basement...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
paris2lmp
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I'm new to homeschooling and don't necessarily have this issue with curriculum books....at least not yet.  BUT I am a book collecter/hoarder in general.  I have a really really hard time letting go of books.  In this last move we cleared out our storage unit and I had all my book boxes together in one place for the first time in a few years.  I could literally start my own library!  And STILL I can't convince myself to get rid of any of them!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Lol, Im not that bad.....yet ;)

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM

it took 28 boxes to pack my first school room and move... i had only been schooling for 1 yr by then.   LOL!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM

in my defense, 5 boxes were board games, 3 were puzzles, 7 were crafts...still that is 13 boxes of actual hsing stuff

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM

ahahahahahaha > Now that is an obsessed person.  :)   Don't feel too badly Nikki. Most of us have it like this in some fashion or other.  lol  

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I don't have that issue with curriculum, but with craft stuff.  I am not looking forward to paking my office when we move, b/c it has so much in it.

doriselm
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Same here, love books! Wished I had an extra room for a library. No idea why I am haniging on to them. Schloolbooks the same, not even using them all. History books are my favorite!

Quoting paris2lmp:

I'm new to homeschooling and don't necessarily have this issue with curriculum books....at least not yet.  BUT I am a book collecter/hoarder in general.  I have a really really hard time letting go of books.  In this last move we cleared out our storage unit and I had all my book boxes together in one place for the first time in a few years.  I could literally start my own library!  And STILL I can't convince myself to get rid of any of them!

collinsmommy0
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, it was a problem. Lol! Now I am at the opposite end, I don't buy anything. I just need to get rid of what I have!!

Quoting kirbymom:

ahahahahahaha > Now that is an obsessed person.  :)   Don't feel too badly Nikki. Most of us have it like this in some fashion or other.  lol  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I have SO much craft and sewing stuff. My mom got rid of her sewing room and moved it all to my basement into my sewing room. She is 57 and has been sewing since she was like... 7. That's 50 years of stuff in addition to my own. And she makes me feel bad anytime I want to go through and get rid of anything. I'm like "mom, this fabric is 40 years old. And well... It's kind of ugly." Lol!

Quoting coala:

I don't have that issue with curriculum, but with craft stuff.  I am not looking forward to paking my office when we move, b/c it has so much in it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN