Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

You might have a curriculum buying problem if...

Posted by   + Show Post
You've only been homeschooling a year and a half and you just had your husband move 5 (large) boxes of homeschool type books to the basement...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Replies (21-28):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Aaand you have me beat. Haha!

Quoting KrissyKC:

it took 28 boxes to pack my first school room and move... i had only been schooling for 1 yr by then.   LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I decided to get rid of all the character type books because, basically, they are just crappy. (Sorry) so that has helped. I'm in a purging stage in my life because I want to move, and I do not want to take all this stuff with me. (Character like Disney, Dora, etc)

Quoting paris2lmp:

I'm new to homeschooling and don't necessarily have this issue with curriculum books....at least not yet.  BUT I am a book collecter/hoarder in general.  I have a really really hard time letting go of books.  In this last move we cleared out our storage unit and I had all my book boxes together in one place for the first time in a few years.  I could literally start my own library!  And STILL I can't convince myself to get rid of any of them!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM

LOL

I have a few sculptures right now of books. I am sorting out the books we have used and need to sell and making sure I have the books I need for next year. I have them all over the place!

paris2lmp
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I don't have many character books.  When my oldest was little we joined a disney book club so we have a few from that, and I intentionally collect little golden books (mostly the older ones though) so there are a couple mixed into that collection too.  I have quite a few of the classics too (Alice in Wonderland, Peter Rabbit etc)....and then many many many other books from about junior high level and on up.

Quoting Boobah:

I decided to get rid of all the character type books because, basically, they are just crappy. (Sorry) so that has helped. I'm in a purging stage in my life because I want to move, and I do not want to take all this stuff with me. (Character like Disney, Dora, etc)

Quoting paris2lmp:

I'm new to homeschooling and don't necessarily have this issue with curriculum books....at least not yet.  BUT I am a book collecter/hoarder in general.  I have a really really hard time letting go of books.  In this last move we cleared out our storage unit and I had all my book boxes together in one place for the first time in a few years.  I could literally start my own library!  And STILL I can't convince myself to get rid of any of them!

OneDay.
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM
What do you have that you are looking to sell? :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifesadream83
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I am pretty bad too.. and what is worse is the curriculum that I bought... decided not to use & sold... only to repurchase it again a few months later!  Imma nut what can I say.  

Also dd#2 is 10weeks old... I have all her curriculum for K-4th Grade except for math because that will be $250 that I cannot justify spending 5 years in advance LOL.  Mind you I have only been homeschooling my oldest since 2nd grade so I did justify the rest!  

When I purchased dd8's 4th grade stuff for next year I purchased all the workbooks and back supplies I need for my youngest!  

I probably have what would equate to an Ikea expedit 4x4 shelving unit in homeschool materials.  Then there are books that are just fun that take up a billy bookcase.  LOTs of Homeschool stuff!  Unlike you I cannot part with it though we are in love LOL

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I have a room dedicated to homeschool stuff.  But it has overflowed into my bedroom.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM
So much! Lol I'm hoping to find somewhere to list it all so I can post a link. Saxon. Horizons, handwriting without tears, r.e.a.l. Science odyssey (life, and earth and space) the Charlotte mason series, Charlotte mason companion, outdoor secrets, hours in the out of doors.... I have a ton more.

Quoting OneDay.:

What do you have that you are looking to sell? :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)