Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Math is my major weak spot, I can do it- but I need some instruction before I teach the kids.  I am looking for a curriculum with instructional videos that we can watch together.  I like the envision math videos- but I can't purchase the digital access to them as a homeschooler (that I have found).  I was looking at Saxon math using the DIVE videos to go with it- but I'm a little unsure about Saxon in general.  

Does anyone have any other suggestions on math cirriculm with video tutorials?  

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Replies (11-17):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Have you tried looking on YouTube? I know they have some on there. 

lifesadream83
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Math U See  

It has videos, goes from k-12 and is affordable!

lifesadream83
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I have heard that the teaching textbooks are good up until highschool.  Recently I had a highschooler tell me she could not follow the teaching textbooks after a certian level but Math U See was great for her.

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Quoting kirbymom:

Have you tried looking on YouTube? I know they have some on there. 

I did look around there and did find some things, but not a complete list of what I needed.  Good idea though!

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Has anyone heard of Mathtacular?  How do those videos compare to Math U See? 

I'm looking into Math U See now!

Walnutgrovefarm
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:22 AM

We started Math U See in 6th grade and really like it. It's affordable also and I have found other homeschooling families that will purchase the DVD and teacher book from me. I am not great at math so to have a DVD helps me a lot. Also they offer drills and worksheets to print online for extra practice in other areas.

MamaDearie
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Kahn Academy has many videos at all levels which might help you feel like you have more of a grasp on the subject. My 3rd grade son LOVES using Kahn Academy himself as well.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN