Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

can't believe it!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 6 Replies
4 moms liked this

I have curriculum....but on a whim...put a post on our local freecycle.org that I was looking for homeschool items to supplement what I have for K-3rd.  A woman contacted me from the nearby university (they have an education dept) and they have old (but in excellent condition) textbooks and workbooks.....the state just upgraded to newer versions.  She is letting me meet her at the university to pick out as much as I want.   Just thought I'd post this incase anyone else might want to try a similar post on your own freecycle.  I use Christian curriculum...but some extra math workbooks etc. might be good practise and nice to have on hand.    (for those not familiar with freecycle.org it is a site where you post things you are either giving away for free, or are looking for....there is one main site, that connects you to your local site.  great place for hand me down clothes...and to get rid of items you no longer use)

EnergyGirlbutterfly

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM

That is fantastic!  I have recieved a lot through the years because of the gererosity of others.  :)  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM

That's so awesome!

GELiz
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Oh that is just wonderful.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Uh oh! You're going to be joining my "you might have a curriculum buying (hoarding) problem if" post! Haha! Jk, that is awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandae21
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Oh wow! Dibs on the Atlanta board!!! lol

Joann.HS
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Very awesome.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN