Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Decided against homeschooling...*sigh*

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 8 Replies

Well I've been posting in here about wanting to homeschool and all, but I think me and my boyfriend have come to the conclusion that my 4 year old will go to public school. She isn't his but we live together and have a 9 month old together and he practically has become like a father to her. We decided because the schools here are good (he went to school here), I kinda do want to go back to work (I miss dog grooming!), and because there just doesn't seem to be enough groups that do anything around here for homeschoolers and she is a social butterfly. She was really excited about going to school too. I do feel maybe at some point when I have to possibiltiy to work from home, especially getting dog grooming going, that I could always start homeschooling then. See I want to work, but I want to be home with the kids. I legally am not supposed to groom out of our apartment and want to do it legitly when I start my own grooming business.

I figure if we can get a house in 2 years, by then I will know if public schools are good enough and then work out of the house grooming and so be home with kids and work. I really want to bring in some income and don't think I can handle full time work grooming and homeschool and take care of a toddler (9 month old will be one by then). I had all these plans for homeschooling, but I think I will now focus on getting her ready for kindergarten, finding a job, and when she is in school I'd still like to do some of the plans I had for homeschooling so she can be ahead in school. I feel that by brining in some extra income for awhile it will bring us closer to getting a house sooner, plus allow for a lot of family trips and such and some savings. Sad, but maybe later on I can get to homeschool. Just wanted to get it out there, I will miss being home with the kids but I miss work as well and with the all the plus sides to working I think it best to go back to work when she starts school.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Good luck to you. I know how hard it can be.  Next year my 6 year old wants to attend public school and I think I have will allow her too.

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Wishing you the best- it's a tough decision either way, but you do what you need to do for your family.  

amberstars
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Do you have 4-H Cloverbuds near you?  Check your state and see what the age for that is to get in.  Here I think the kids have to be 5 and in K to join.  Good luck.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Dragon Eyes

oredeb
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

well star it was great known you!! you know whats best for your daughter!  hard decision, have a great life!!!!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I am sorry. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Awww >  Well, one thing you can be happy about this decision is,  that you can always come back to it and decide to homeschool when it feels right for you and your family. I wish you and your family all the best in your family adventures.  :) 

RockEducation
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Good luck to you and your family.

stargazerwolf
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you everyone! I definatly will revisit homeschooling later on after I see how she does in kindergarten and when we can get a house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN