Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

what do you think about ebooks?

Posted by   + Show Post

Some teachers and moms still prefer paper books.

and I agree with it's the best for children.

but ebook has some advantages too.

It's easy to carry, cheaper, and it's moving!

what do you think about ebook?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
WantedNameTaken
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I have yet to finish an ebook that I borrowed from the library before it had to be returned.  I never remember to extend the checkout until well after it expired.  One of these days...one of these days...

Quoting Boobah:

We use both. It's easier for me to load my iPad with books and take it to camp than it is to bring them all with me. Also, my daughter reads SO much that I can't keep up. We would have to go to the library every other day. Lol! Our library allows you to borrow ebooks, so we do that a lot.
I have our curriculum on an ebook and it makes it so nice. I have it in book format also.

DyslexiaParent
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I think a book in whatever form a child will read it is the best form!!  eBooks are the wave of the future, so kids are more likely to gravitate towards them.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I love E-Books just as much as I love paper books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I do not really like them but my son likes them so I am opening my eyes to them because he want me to down.load the to his I pod. So I am working them I want to down load e books to my phone and educactional games on my phone for when we go to dr. in Iowa City.

Quoting Jayco424:

Some teachers and moms still prefer paper books.

and I agree with it's the best for children.

but ebook has some advantages too.

It's easy to carry, cheaper, and it's moving!

what do you think about ebook?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I love them all!

I love my Kindle! I love real books!

amandae21
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to be a "real book" snob. I never wanted an ereader. Thought it was silly. Then my DD got to an age where I didn't want her seeing me reading books with covers featuring half-naked men.

I still buy traditional books for reference, cookbooks, school etc..

DD has lots of paper books... but it's so easy (and free) to borrow ebooks from our library.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I prefer paper back but I also like the ereader too as it can be much cheaper.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My 18 year old actually does better with ebooks because of her vision loss. We can adjust the light so she is able to actually read the words easier. I got her a Nook HD+ and she is constantly reading. She can read regular books but they are harder on her brain so she didn't read for pleasure until now.

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Quoting Boobah:

We use both. It's easier for me to load my iPad with books and take it to camp than it is to bring them all with me. Also, my daughter reads SO much that I can't keep up. We would have to go to the library every other day. Lol! Our library allows you to borrow ebooks, so we do that a lot.
I have our curriculum on an ebook and it makes it so nice. I have it in book format also.

LOL, my kids are like that too with books!  We drive pass the library heading to a few other places we go regularly (3 times a week) and every time we drive by we are there.  

QueenCreole313
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:11 AM
At first I did not think I would like Ebooks. Now I'm hooked. I only buy paper books if I will retread them. I think Ebooks cut down on clutter. I have boxes of books in my basement.

My son uses both. He has found we can download free books and comic books on his kindle. And some are even interactive. It helps keep his interest. As long as he is reading I do not care.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)