Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

"I'm gonna be president"...

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

So, my eldest decided today that he'll run for president some day. I said he should then not just get his medical degree, but should also get his law degree. My DH didn't believe me that most of our presidents have been to law school (while not all graduated) so I found this interesting list-

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/11/05/barack-obama-the-uss-44th-president-and-24th-lawyer-president/

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I would not want to be president. I couldn't handle that many people hating me. Lol! And it doesn't matter what you do, people will hate you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wunderwifey
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
What that article doesn't tell you is that Pres Obama gave up his right to the Bar (and therefore practice law) before the Bar could strip him of it. I believe that was in 1998. And Mrs Obama did the same in 1993. I actually just learned that a few days ago. It was an interesting read.

I always said I wanted to be President, but now as an adult I say no way. Lol. My youngest says she wants to be President after becoming a scientist first.

If he wants to do it, I say go for it!

ETA: I think Clinton had to surrender his too because of false testimony during the Lewinsky trial.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I did not know any of that!!!  Thanks for the off the wall trivia.  I love stuff like that.

OP:  If your son wants to be the president someday....then encourage it.  I hope he makes it and he can make some decent changes.

Quoting wunderwifey:

What that article doesn't tell you is that Pres Obama gave up his right to the Bar (and therefore practice law) before the Bar could strip him of it. I believe that was in 1998. And Mrs Obama did the same in 1993. I actually just learned that a few days ago. It was an interesting read.

I always said I wanted to be President, but now as an adult I say no way. Lol. My youngest says she wants to be President after becoming a scientist first.

If he wants to do it, I say go for it!

ETA: I think Clinton had to surrender his too because of false testimony during the Lewinsky trial.

oredeb
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM

the future president!!!! yea!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN