Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Geography

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM
  • 6 Replies
4 moms liked this

As many of you already know my daughter is a computer whiz.  She loves creating websites and she is retaining so much information from creating them, so I decided that I would combine her love of computers and geography.  Today she will begin her trip around the US.  She is going to create a website with all 50 states and she has a list of things that must be included in this website.  Ex.  Capital, flower, motto, etc.  We are even putting in some fun things like funny laws and recipes. I only hope that this doesn't kill her love of computers.

I will keep you all posted on it and hopefully post a link to it soon.

I so love being able to mold our learning around what my daughter enjoys doing.  Hoping I can keep this up (making learning fun).

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
WantedNameTaken
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this

It really is great that you are combining her love of computers with learning. I'll bet you won't have to tell her twice to do her geography work.  :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Sounds awesome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amberstars
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Sounds really cool!

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Dragon Eyes

oredeb
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

oh yea leigh!!! keep us posted and send us the link!!! sounds like my kinda blog!!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM

What a wonderful way to combine subjects and interests.  I'd say that you are doing a great job of thinking outside the box.  :)  Oh and yes, you had better keep us posted.  )

kttycat84
by Bonnie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM

That sounds like an awesome project!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)