Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I was wondering if anyone else was homeschooling children with special needs? ADHD, Autistic, Aspbergers, Mood Disorders, physical needs, etc.

Just wanted to make sure I'm not alone.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Replies (21-27):
maggiemom2000
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My middle son has all the same "letters" ;-)

Quoting mamabens:

My middle daughter has aspergers, add, OCD and spd and we homeschool.

letstalk747
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM

my son 13 , ASD , ADHD , hearing loss

leighp1
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter has Selective Mutism and Social phobia and is being tested for Asperbergs.  Nope you are not alone.  And to be honest, I started homeschooling because of the "issues" we were having at school, but now, I think she has come so far and enjoys school a lot more.  She loves being able to skip things she already knows, she loves being able to tailor her classes around things she likes and not what is required by the state or the school boards.  It's a lot more relaxing and that is what she needs right now.

buzymom93
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM

i homeschool my son. he has Regulatory Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, ADHD.. i am so glad i am able to school him at home.. we are more unschoolers now and it works great for our family..

Uniquecoolio
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:40 PM

aspergers and bipolar here. almost16 year old twin boys.

mommy4lyf
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM

We're going to that direction too. My son is autistic. I am gathering helpful information before I commit myself to homeschooling him. I am targetting middle school since, he's still doing well in public school right now.

This article might help http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/features/homeschooling-for-autism

BrittO2
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

We will be homeschooling our kids next year because of the issues our son is having in public school. He is bipolar with anti-social tendecies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN