Hey Y'all, So I have just read up on what I need to do and the decisions I have to make in order to home school. I'm sure I will need to read thenm again and again to get familiar with them. But some questions for you home school moms that have been around for a few years and are settled.
1) Faith Belief school vs. non-faith belief school. We are a Christian Home and my children like to ask questions and learn new things and I figure why not incorporate the Bible into our studies. Do any moms do this at there home, how do you answer or explain things you do not know (I know you can ask your pastor or support team at church) but do you feel it leads you to not be a good teacher if you are not able to answer alot of their questions when you are their teacher??
2) Attendence Records. Since it states the home school year begins July 1st and ends June 31st, can I hold a year round school as long as I mark attendence for the required days of attendence, I believe I read 180 days??
3) I have thoughts for activities and classes outside of the house for socialization purposes and "GYM/PE", etc. (Baseball, joining the Y, Art or Pottery classes 1x monthly, Bounce U) I have also heard of Co-Ops but not familiar withthem or how to find one in my area or how to locate a local branch of home schoolers. Any advice??
4) It likes to have 5 hours instructional time daily, does this sound about right?? What are some schdeules that work in your homes??
5) Subjects. What needs to be taught daily or does all of it need to be touched on daily?? Do you give your kids "homework" outside of instructional time??