Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a special talent?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Did you pass it on to one of your children?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amandae21
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:45 PM
DH passed on his musical talent. I passed on my craftiness and love for reading. Unfortunately she also inherited my attitude and DHs stubbornness.
ilana_ny
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Not me, but my MIL can talk all day non stop, she passed it on my DD. 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM

My 7 year old got my love of reading.  She can read a book in 24 hours.

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

My DD got my perfectionism from me, but totally got her musical ear and rhythm from Daddy.

TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM

I read incredibly quickly, and it appears I've passed that on to DS, as well as my facility for languages. 

headingsouth13
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:57 AM

does having an eidetic memory count? if not i can play both the violin and guitar as far as passing them on only time will tell

oredeb
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

no talent here that i passed on!!hahaha they got all those from other members of the family!!!!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

My hubby calls me a jack of all trades, and I emphasize on the master of none. I can play just about any isntrument, if you give me a week tops to learn it. (I currently can pass off playing violin, piano, I'm far better at saxophone, and I've been playing clarinet since grade school). I'm quite crafty...but I have to actually finish many of the started projects. I get 99% there...and stop.... (like my niece's scarf that has been half finished for over a year, a scrap book of a camping trip friends and I went on years ago that only needs the last few pages to be attached into the book, and our basement we finished ourselves, still only needs the molding put up...)
Unfortuantly, it would appear my daughter can't keep a beat to save her life, but she really wants to learn violin (which is why I learned it in the first place). We're still on page 1 of her lesson book for the last 2 yrs.... She loves to do crafts, but you can never tell what it is she's making, and when you ask....you wish you hadn't....
It's too early to tell with my little guy if he's picked up any of my "talents."
So far they both inhereted stubborness from both hubby and me, but I don't really call that a talent lol.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM

My imagination.  My boys have definately inherited it.  I am an idea person.  

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I am good at remembering us less information. But my kids have not inherited that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)