Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a special talent?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you pass it on to one of your children?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Replies (11-15):
lucsch
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Well, I wouldn't say special, but I have a broad range of interests, which I will teach my daughter.

I play the flute and piano.She does piano. I started her with two teachers, but I've actually taught her longer than either one. I used to give flute lessons. I want to start her with those this fall in 5th grade.

I cook and bake, and I like to try new recipes. She has an interest in that, already.

I have a sewing business.So far, I've showed her a few things, and she sewed and stuffed a pillow.

I write crochet patterns and sell them.Her crochet efforts haven't led anywhere so far. LOL We'll see about that.

I love to read--that one I've already passed onto her. LOL

She actually has an interest in creative writing. There's one that I envy but have absolutely no talent for! We have been using a fiction writing curriculum called Reach for the Stars this year. She is so amazing with the stories she writes!

Rust.n.Gears
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I am highly artistic. I have taught my kids to knit, crochet, spin yarn, weave, paint, scrapbook, bake, cook, and enjoy learning new things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM

My special talent is sleeping.  :)  and my daughter has inherited it.  I've never seen a toddler ask to go to bed, but she does.  We could be out somewhere having a blast and she will ask if we can go home because she's tired lol.  She's 4!  When she takes a nap, it's usually 3 hours.  I don't think this will be as cute and adorable in the teeange years when we are trying to wake her up in the morning!!!!!!!

Mrs._Lovett
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

my daughter gets into everything imaginable and is always trying to do "cool tricks". she got that from me i think because i've actually seen her do some things that are exactly things i did when i was younger. for instance, i put my little sister in a cooler and left to watch tv. my dd put her little sister in a huge plastic tub and left to watch tv. but she also has NO FEAR which she gets from her dad. i was the only parent i saw at the lake whos 1yr old would run straight into the water as far as she could go till i stopped her while all the other kids stayed on the sand. heres an example:

Here's me in 1987:

Here's my daughter in 2012:

SusanTheWriter
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM

My daughter can sing - she got that from me.

She's got the math brain - she got that from DH.

She's a good writer - she got that from me.

She's a great artist - she got that from DH's mom.

My son loves being on stage - he got that from me.

He's got a poker face and a desert dry sense of humor - he got that from DH.

He's a good writer - he got that from me.

He's got some engineering aptitude - he got that from DH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN