Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Moving and Curriculum!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

So we are fixing to move in 4 months and I just ordered all of our curriculum for the upcoming school year.  We also do not stop for the summer so this should be interesting!  We are going to PA for a month then to FL for 6 months then to MD for 6 years.   Needless to say 4th grade should be interesting.  I am sorting through what I need for this year through summer, next year and what can go into storage til MD.  It looks like a curriculum supply store just threw up in my livingroom and dining room! 

Just thought I would share LOL

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Sounds like my life of a few years ago!  lol  :)  

Clh1989
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like us! We are going to be moving 3 times in the next 4 years! We aren't stopping for summer either, because I'm sure with moving and family visits we will have plenty of breaks.
.Lovemythree.
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I think that's one of the benefits of homeschooling when you move a lot, the kids can continue with the same lessons and curriculum instead of changing every time to a new school. This is one of the many reasons I want to homeschool, because my husbands in the military and we move a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifesadream83
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:15 PM

We are military too!  That is why we started homeschooling a year and a half ago.  Consistancy is extremely important especially when you don't know where you may end up.  

Quoting .Lovemythree.:

I think that's one of the benefits of homeschooling when you move a lot, the kids can continue with the same lessons and curriculum instead of changing every time to a new school. This is one of the many reasons I want to homeschool, because my husbands in the military and we move a lot.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Wow! Sounds like it is going to get crazy for you guys. But also sounds kind of fun! Just think of everything you all will get to experience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN