Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

encyclopedias?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 4 Replies

Are they really outdated the second they print and leave wherehouse? i bought some for home schooling and a friend keeps telling me they are usless and all that mone was a waste is she true ?

save the date

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think they are out dated that fast but I do think that anything you want to know about can be easily found on the internet for free & I would not buy a set because of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kttycat84
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I'm sure they don't get outdated quite that fast, but I'm with usmom3. All the info is available for free online, so I'm not going to spend a ton of money on a set. If I found one on sale or something I'd probably pick it up, but it's nothing I'm really looking for.

oredeb
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont agree with ency being outdated!! so much info! its great to have a copy on hand, and i think so important that the kids can use a book to look up stuff! i have that part of our school! using books instead of comp all the time!

tinkerspell
by Kera on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM

i agree with you there it should not always  be about the internet they should know how to use books as well . that way if they need to they now how to do it 

Quoting oredeb:

i dont agree with ency being outdated!! so much info! its great to have a copy on hand, and i think so important that the kids can use a book to look up stuff! i have that part of our school! using books instead of comp all the time!

save the date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)