Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone doing anything special for the upcoming conclave?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

Today my 3 year old and I made a pope hand puppet (who apparently *needed* and angry bird puppet as a pet...).

DD11 is making an awesome lapbook (courtesy Shower of Roses blog spot!) about the conclave, past popes, pope benedict, etc. It's coming along beautifully and will be finished around Wednesday.

I also wanted to share a great interactive site that explains the process to children (and adults!):

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/the-vatican/come-si-elegge-il-papa/

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
maggiemom2000
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I love the pope with the angry bird puppet!!

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Cool, we won't do anything for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Materfamilias5
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I saw that on FB.  Looks cool!  I liked your son's angry bird idea lol

Quoting AutymsMommy:
DD11 is making an awesome lapbook (courtesy Shower of Roses blog spot!) about the conclave, past popes, pope benedict, etc. It's coming along beautifully and will be finished around Wednesday.
oredeb
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM

we dont do anythng autysmom but fantastic idea, would make a good unit study

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)