Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Science Project ideas? Update in Red

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

Our homeschool group is putting on a science fair.  One daughter is working on a solar system model, my son wants to dissect an owl pellet, and my youngest.. well she wants to do a science project that has to do with King Arthur and his knights.  Any suggestions??

She's agreed to possibly do a project that has to do with art, so that might make it a little easier.  She's 8.  Thank you!

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

She could do something on the study of Alchemy. How they used to try and turn stuff into gold.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Does building a catapult and talking about simple yet deadly machines count as Science Fair material?

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Great ideas!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Maybe something on trajectory? Ike how knights could improve accuracy for arrows or w/ a trebuchet? Or herbal medicines?

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

My boys did it once - built a trebuchet and worked on how to counterbalance for heavier items going longer distances.

Quoting mem82:

Does building a catapult and talking about simple yet deadly machines count as Science Fair material?

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

She might be interested in something like this.  She's been sick most of her life and is very interested in all things medical.  My brother is going to school to be a DO and is also very interested in herbal remedies. I'll see if he can help her.  Thanks!

Or herbal medicines?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)