I'm such a genius! Without even thinking, I went into the kids bathroom and poured bleach into an unflushed toilet...who knows how long the urea has been in there breaking down into ammonia. SO DUMB!!!!! Luckily I always hold my breath when I pour bleach and run out afterwards because I don't like breathing it in. However, the bubbling water sparked my curiosity...until my eyes started burning and I realized what was happening. LOL! I'm pretty sure I'm fine and only breathed in a very small amount of the toxic fumes. It just so happens to be a windy day, so I opened the windows and told the kids not to go near that bathroom for awhile. I wonder how long it will take for the fumes to dissipate...any guesses? There are no windows in that bathroom unfortunately. :(
Oh, and this turned into a graet impromptu chemistry lesson for the kids. They are quite interested in learning more about chemical reactions now!