Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just ordered my daughter's science and history

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am so excited.  I had been looking at Answers in Genesis science for my daughter for next year (will be in 1st grade).  She absolutely loves science so I am going to give her lots of science..lol.

Anyway, on Facebook someone was selling the entire set of their science curriculum (grades 1-8) for 185.00 (shipping included).  This set usually sells for 300.00.  I didn't have 185.00 right now, so I asked her if she would be willing to let me make payments every week until paid for and she agreed.  I am so very excited that she agreed. 

I believe that I can make this science curriculum stretch for around 4-5 years.  It is set up that each set of books (total of 4 sets) is a year's worth. 

We use Abeka but when I saw these, I knew my daughter would love them.  I also am not real crazy about Abeka's science for younger grades.

I also got 2 books for her history: The Presidents book and the States Book.  I was planning on teaching her the states and capitals next year anyway and I had also thought about teaching her the presidents.  My plan is to do the states and capitals next year and the presidents the following year.  We will do 2 states per week (where they are located, the capital, and what the flag looks like).   I paid $ 3.50 for both books, this included shipping! 

I am just so excited!!!  Now, if I can just wait until she officially starts 1st grade before I dig into them...lol.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Woohoo for awesome deals! Also...yes. it is so hard not to dig into them immediately!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EnduringWon
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Love your excitement, I feel the same way about homeschooling. :)

Sounds like you took advantage of some good deals. *high five*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN