Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you feel that homeschoolers give their children more choices than public school parents?

Posted by   + Show Post

Life choices, choices over their curriculum or extracurricular activities

On average, do you think we give more choices or do you think most homeschoolers are more controlling?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Replies (21-21):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM

My children have options most parents homeschool or not give thier kids, some do.  I let my children choose they can homeschool or go to public school. As long as they can tell me something they learned they can stay.  I think school is about learning and you can only learn where you are happy. 

My 2 oldest girls at this point have decided to stay home next year and they are excited that in history and science there will be lots of hands on stuff.  I dont think they get that that includes them helping with research.  They are 6 and 7. 

My 4 year old wants to go to school next year but he keeps pooping his pants.  He is pretty much ready for kindergarten so we will start there if I can not get him to stop pottying on himself. 

My soon to be 3 year old will be home also and she gets to decide if she wants to do school or not.  Everyone will do a circle time, and I bought her a workbook so she can "do" school too.  I will help her some but she can also sit in on the lessons with my 6 and 7 year old or with my 4 year old.  I plan on doing as much as I can together as a group because it is easier that way but still give them the challenge that they need.  Lets hope this works or I am out of ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN