Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling middleschool aged children

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
I was wondering if anyone can give me some examples of what their coop group does for middle school aged children? Like what kind of activities or events? Book clubs? I appreciate the help. Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Computer science, music, upper math, physics, chemistry, chess, PE, logic and brain teasers classes, phtography, and Art. Lanuage classes as well.  It really depends on the needs of the group and the size.  It also depends on the particular skill sets of the parents.  I would say various classes.  We don't have any book clubs but I think that would be a great idea if there was enough of a need.   Are you trying to start a co-op or just looking for ideas for a co-op to do.  I would find out what the interests of the middle school kids are as well.  Maybe ask for kids for what type of things they are into.  You could also organize a science fair.   

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Here's a bump!

mommytobooger
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Oh I like all those ideas, thank you! I am looking for a co-op group. These are very good. Thanks.

Quoting jen2150:

Computer science, music, upper math, physics, chemistry, chess, PE, logic and brain teasers classes, phtography, and Art. Lanuage classes as well.  It really depends on the needs of the group and the size.  It also depends on the particular skill sets of the parents.  I would say various classes.  We don't have any book clubs but I think that would be a great idea if there was enough of a need.   Are you trying to start a co-op or just looking for ideas for a co-op to do.  I would find out what the interests of the middle school kids are as well.  Maybe ask for kids for what type of things they are into.  You could also organize a science fair.   

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN