Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your favorite place to buy curriculum?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 18 Replies
This year was my first year homeschooling. I had NO time to prepare, simply googled homeschool curriculum and purchased a set for each of my kids from the first store listed (Homeschool Supercenter). We are currently using Spectrum...which I purchased because it said "Aligned To State & National Standards" on them :). Haha, yep, that's why!

So, this year I have more time...any recommendations for sources? What about Curriculum?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I like Ebay and Half Price Books. I'm ecletic so I pick things up as I go. 8) What grades do you have? I have used Spectrum quite a bit, too.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I don't "buy" a whole lot. I use the internet and old school books, however,  I will buy used from the local flea markets and the used book sales at the library and other book stores and buy from yard sales or gargae sales.  

ballerina.2006
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM
We use a program that gives us an allotment for curriculum. Our program highly recommends Rainbow Resources and I have loved ordering with them.

As far as ordering on my own... My kids are young enough where the workbooks at WalMart and Target work well along with a few educational stores (carrys things like teacher supplie and minor homeschool curriculum) and supplementing using file folder games and ideas from Pinterest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Lovemythree.
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Christian book, rainbow resource. I have had no luck finding things on ebay, but it's worth a look. I have found a few used things on Amazon. 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Next school year will be 7th, 6th, 3rd and 1st..and we also have a 2 year old.

Quoting mem82:

I like Ebay and Half Price Books. I'm ecletic so I pick things up as I go. 8) What grades do you have? I have used Spectrum quite a bit, too.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Before our materials arrived (and there was a post office mix up so it ended up taking about 2 months!) I was finding my own and printing....and spending a fortune on ink! Do you print?

I just learned of these book sales at the library, good tip!

Quoting kirbymom:

I don't "buy" a whole lot. I use the internet and old school books, however,  I will buy used from the local flea markets and the used book sales at the library and other book stores and buy from yard sales or gargae sales.  

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I live Pinterest too! I will check Rainbow Resource, thanks!

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We use a program that gives us an allotment for curriculum. Our program highly recommends Rainbow Resources and I have loved ordering with them.

As far as ordering on my own... My kids are young enough where the workbooks at WalMart and Target work well along with a few educational stores (carrys things like teacher supplie and minor homeschool curriculum) and supplementing using file folder games and ideas from Pinterest.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Thank you!

Quoting .Lovemythree.:

Christian book, rainbow resource. I have had no luck finding things on ebay, but it's worth a look. I have found a few used things on Amazon. 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Rainbow Resource is a popular suggestion! I will check that out! Thanks for the others too, I will take a look at all :)

Quoting RockEducation:

Rainbow Resource Center is where I get the bulk of my materials. I also buy from Teaching Textbooks (math curriculum/computer-tutor), Royal Fireworks Press (Michael Clay Thompson Language Arts), Brave Writer, and in a few months, I will be buying from Essentials In Writing.

lucsch
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

chirstianbook.com, which has a huge homeschool store.

rainbowresource.com

amazon.com

paperbackswap.com

and I use different online used curriculum swap boards more than anything! Check vegsource, homeschoolreviews, welltrainedmind, homeschoolclassified, and various yahoo groups. I've even bought from CM homeschool groups. I've never had a bad experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)