Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

what age did you start kinder?

Posted by   + Show Post

i'm thinking of letting my son start kinder next year.  he won't turn 5 until the end of november.  he would miss the cut off date if he were going in to public school, so i've been on the fence about when to start.  he's very bright and i think he would do okay....how old were your kids when you started kinder?  has anyone started a 4 year old?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Replies (21-21):
MammaG08
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Thank you for posting this.  My son will be 5 at the end of September, so if he were going to public schools here it would be another year for him also.   However, I have been working on a preschool curriculum this year, and he loves it.   He asks me every day what he is going to learn, and wants to do his homeschool.  That being said, I am still taking cues from him in his learning.  When he starts to get wiggly, I give him a break ~ no matter where we are.  We read lots of books, too, and now he is asking me how to spell certain words, and is even recognizing some words now, so I am going to start him on sight words very soon.  I will have a kinder curriculum for him next year, but I am not going to be in a rush or pressure him at all to finish it in one year ~ if it takes two, that is fine with me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN