Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So frustrated with lesson planet

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

I signed up last June, it's $50 a year, renewing every year automatically. Last night I looked at my bank account and I see a pending withdrawal, no amount, not even $0.00. I email them immediately to ask them about it, and get an automated response saying they will respond within 2 business days, but that I could speak to a representative by calling their customer support number.

I just called (I waited until they were open), and get an answering machine to leave my name, number and email and someone will respond within two business days.

There's no difference in email or phone, so why do they tell someone to call to speak to a representative if it doesn't change the time frame of when they respond?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
romacox
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I have no experience with lesson planet.  But I have had so many bad experiences when I have given out my credit card number for automatic monthly withdrawals. They seem to be able to quickly do the withdrawals, but getting them stopped often takes months. 

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM

This is my first bad experience. I have a monthly withdrawal set up with Brainpo.com.

As soon as I get this mess straightened, I'm going to drop Lesson Planet. I don't use them much anyway. 

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Sorry to see you having problems, I too have had issues with websites like that, once the problem is resolved I drop them.

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Found out what happened. I recieved an email today saying that they switched over to a new credit card processing system. I will not be charged. Still dropping them, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)