Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I get Work before Play now...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was trying to be nice and let the kids enjoy the snow today... I told them as soon as they get their main school work done, we'd go out. I also told my daughter since she hasn't finished her castle (which she's been "working on" for 2 weeks now and has made 0 progress after the last castle escapade) that she could build a snow castle instead of a snow man outside and I'd accept that as her castle project. All the other neighborhood kids came out once they saw my two outside and I didn't feel like being a meanie and say, "no you have to build your castle first"...so off they went to snowball fight and sled down the pathetically small hill across the street. Well, she slipped and smashed her knee on a rock and bruised it up pretty badly. She's doing okay though thankfully. It's just going to be a bit sore and look a little ugly for awhile...  

I'm thinking we're just going to scrap this whole castle project at this point.
I also just found out today that the library is cancelling their young writers club :(...THE ONLY time I could EVER get her to write.

I guess this is the perfect day for hot coco and snuggle time with Granny (who happens to be visiting this week...that I didn't know was going to be here this week...)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gratefulgal
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Oh yeah. I've been having some of THOSE weeks. Good luck, and I hope things get better. By the way, my parents were always the "pop in" type. I feel for ya! :)

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM

One of the best things about homeschooling, if you are having a bad day you can just scrap it & start fresh the next day & no one can tell you you can't.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Thanks!  
I like getting a somewhat heads up when either my parents or inlaws come to visit... For my parent's it's a 13 hr drive so I can't exactly tell them, "you can't be here right now" if its not the best time for a visit... and I would never be able to send them to a hotel near by...all of them close by are the type where you look at them long enough and you feel like you need to be checked for an STD or something. It's awful lol.

Quoting gratefulgal:

Oh yeah. I've been having some of THOSE weeks. Good luck, and I hope things get better. By the way, my parents were always the "pop in" type. I feel for ya! :)

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I think we're just going to scrap the week at this point...it just keeps going down hill and my kids have learned to manipulate Granny so well... They know all they have to do is shed an alligator tear and she'll get them out of anything... *sigh* . O well. At least I don't have to keep attendance lol.

Quoting usmom3:

One of the best things about homeschooling, if you are having a bad day you can just scrap it & start fresh the next day & no one can tell you you can't.

usmom3
by BJ on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I would & let the kids just hang out with Grandma.

Quoting No_Difference:

I think we're just going to scrap the week at this point...it just keeps going down hill and my kids have learned to manipulate Granny so well... They know all they have to do is shed an alligator tear and she'll get them out of anything... *sigh* . O well. At least I don't have to keep attendance lol.

Quoting usmom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)